Masters of Science, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Teresa has a passion for assisting those going through overwhelming life transitions, especially the complicated issues related to created family situations such as stepfamily formation and adoption.
Teresa’s main therapeutic stance is guided by attachment theory focusing on bonding and strengthening relationships as a mode for real change in real life problems. Teresa utilizes a collaborative style of therapy based on mutual respect and seeks to come alongside you in your journey focused on solutions. Teresa also utilizes Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy in the therapeutic setting.
Areas of Focus:
- Premarital and Couples Counseling
- Anger Management
- Master of Science degree in Family Therapy, Friends University
- Bachelors of Science degree in Psychology, Emporia State University
- Member of Delta Kappa Honor Society
- Member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- Member of AAMFT, KAMFT, NCFR
Teresa is in-network with the following insurance plans:
- Amerigroup (Kancare)
- Medicaid (Kancare)
- Preferred Health Systems (PPK)
- Sunflower (Kancare)
- United (Kancare)
Contact Teresa to ask questions or set up an appointment: (316) 425-7774.